Encouragement from the Word

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth"
III John 1:4


Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Prayer of Thanksgiving and Adoration

Thank you Lord for moving me closer to you in my life over the years.

You have wanted me  to be in this place for so long but, you must have known I was not ready to be totally yielded to you. It took half a lifetime for me to give up trying to make my life and my family what I thought they should be. To give up my will, my desires, my plans... for your plans. You had to deal with, among other things, my pride, my selfishness and my desire for control.

I am so thankful for your peace...your contentedness...your joy...your hopefulness and your strength.

 I am thankful for faith, to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that everything is going to turn out O.K.

In the end...you win...evil is defeated...all are healed...relationships, too. Faith is a truly wonderful gift. It allows me to keep things in perspective here on this fallen earth and to deal with others with grace and mercy.

The little things we worry about won't mean a thing. We will be in the presence of God. What a great reunion day it will be when we join our beloved family members and brothers and sisters in Christ around the throne.

Thank you for teaching me that, when in doubt, I should err on the side of love.

Thank you for helping me to understand the importance of training my children in the Lord and for allowing me to grow a little in this area with each child. I have placed them in your hands and would not want them anywhere else, for you love them even more than I.

Thank you for allowing me to serve you with my gifts and talents.

Whatever little talent you have given me, I pray that you would use it...enhance it and bless it to your glory. May the ministries in which you have placed me be fruitful....bringing people into the kingdom and drawing believers closer to you.

I love you Lord with all my heart. I praise you for your wondrous works. I thank you for the ugly parts of my life that you used to teach me and refine me. I am truly overwhelmed by your goodness. May you urge me more towards holiness every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on this post. What do you think?