Encouragement from the Word

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth"
III John 1:4


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Someday Soon: A Heavenly Perspective on Aging


Someday Soon

by Beth Blamick


Someday soon...
the words will blurr...
and my eyes cover with mist as I struggle to read.
    But, I will have hidden your Word in my heart to call forth with only the effort of a thought.

Someday soon...
I will be alone...
 in crushing solitude and stillness; my soul mate having gone ahead to rest in the arms of Jesus.
     But, I know I will see him again as I burst through the gates of heaven in blessed joy and anticipation.

Someday soon...
my body will fail me...
 as my movements become slow and labored and I cringe with every step.
     But, one day I will leap for joy and run again in fluid perfection when I receive my new glorified body in heaven.

Someday soon...
my memory will fade...
 and my speech become unsure as my mind draws towards rest.
     But, my children will gather near, recounting stories of our splendid adventures and poignant memories.

Someday soon...
my wisdom and advice will no longer be called forth...
 as I have passed all that I could on to the next generation.
     But, as I enter heaven, I will be met with all of those whose lives were enriched and whose eternity was changed because of my godly counsel.

Someday soon...
I will see my Savior face to face...
and my glorious "forever life" will begin!



" Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth...And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.' He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!' Then he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'"

Revelation 21:1-5


Preview







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on this post. What do you think?