"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord
is to be praised."
2. Begin now to foster an intimate relationship with Jesus. Learn to love His Word. Spend time in prayer. There is nothing you can not take to him. He is truly "a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17
3. Find your fulfillment and validation in Jesus Christ alone. Don't look to others opinions of you for your self-esteem or worthiness.
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints , to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
4. Be bold for Christ. Invite non-churched friends to youth group. When they ask why you always have a smile or why you seem different, tell them it's because of Jesus living in you. Tell people about Jesus whenever you have the opportunity.
"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels."
5. Be helpful, kind, and compassionate to others. Help people less fortunate than yourself. Always show people respect, especially senior citizens.
" Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
6. Appreciate all the things you have. See them as blessings from God. Reject the materialism of the world and do not covet what others have...whether it be their homes, clothing or the latest technology.
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you' "
7. Love God's church. Attend. Serve. Participate. Invite others.
" Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the day approaching."
8. Make big decisions based on God's plan and purpose for your life. Seek his will and the counsel of godly Christians in your life when necessary. Let him lead. ( college, future spouse, job, etc ) There is no better place to be than the center of God's will.
" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and
not to harm you,
plans to give you a hope and a future."
9. Surround yourself with godly, Christian friends. Be a true, honest and faithful friend and an example of doing what is right.
" A friend loves at all times"
10. When faced with a difficult situation, always choose obedience over temporal happiness or self- satisfaction. We show our love and devotion for God through obedience. Make the hard choice. Take the narrow road. Be obedient.
"We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says "I know him" but does not do what he commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him."
1 John 2:3-5
1 John 2:3-5